strangeandbouncy

Platinum Blonde

#41 [url]

Mar 17 11 4:55 PM

Tabby,

that bag is quite swell, but the shoes are really devine. Thank you for saving me.

Sally says *hi*, but she is still 4th . . .

ANdyP

Ruh Roh . . . . .

Quote    Reply   

tabby

Tin Man

#43 [url]

Mar 18 11 2:47 PM

Dear Tabby,
Apart from the struggles with my own catnip demons, can you help me plan an intervention for my own friend 'Fred'?

Live long and prosper,

Smudge

-ssltech

Dear Smudge,

You and your friends are fraught with problems, are you not?

I would posit that Fred is positively swimming in his own.

Have you tried opening the drain?  Greow!

Tab

Tabatha Bob Cat, Advice provided since 1922

Quote    Reply   

tabby

Tin Man

#44 [url]

Mar 18 11 2:48 PM

Dear Tabby,
We lost our lovely friend Tinky last week.
She was 17-18 years old, a good friend and lovely soul
we miss some feline luvvins!
god bless, Tinky!
barks

-barkleymckay

Dearest Barkley,

This is the saddest part of my job.

But remember you wonderful friend.

Tinky will be a part of you forever.

Tabatha

Quote    Reply   

ktownson

Aqua Marine

#45 [url]

Mar 18 11 3:03 PM

Dear Tabby:

Are you guys up to something?

MOOROOKA: Feral cats ``the size of dogs’’ have been terrorising Moorooka residents for more than a year, with one resident and her dog mauled just last week.

Residents near Gainsborough St say they have been scratched, bitten, hissed at and intimidated several times by the cat pack.

http://city-south-news.whereilive.com.au/news/story/feral-cats-in-reign-of-terror/

"Kerry fixed the stereo, and now it doesn't work." (My six-year-old sister)

Quote    Reply   

compasspnt

Diamond Forever

#46 [url]

Mar 18 11 3:43 PM

We had a Bobcat come into our yard, and either eat, or chase away the cat we had at that time.  It came right onto our patio, and I could see its silhouette against the swimming pool lights.  Made the craziest loud screetch you've ever heard!  Our cat (Tom) ran really fast, and the big Bobcat was right behind it.

I think there may be some plot afoot.

Quote    Reply   

ssltech

Aqua Marine

#48 [url]

Mar 18 11 5:06 PM

Barks,

I'm glad that I got to invest some quality petting time with Tinks. -Any news on the Humber?

Smudge sends purrs and high-tailed ankle-rubs.  -She's been parking herself on the computer keyboard lately, -Possibly in an effort to try and learn its power, I suspect.

--Say... -you fellas haven't seen her posting anything here, have you...?

-Keith Andrews -If I can't fix it, I can fix it so [i]NOBODY[/i] can fix it!

Quote    Reply   

strangeandbouncy

Platinum Blonde

#50 [url]

Mar 18 11 5:16 PM

HI Tabby,

I had never even heard of a Bobcat before . . .

my 4 year old is transfixed - why dont we have them in England, Daddy . . . . .

what an amazing creature.

Tabby, are you named after, or indeed, part Bobcat . . . .

ANdyP

Ruh Roh . . . . .

Quote    Reply   

wireline

Aqua Marine

#52 [url]

Mar 18 11 8:19 PM

HI Tabby,   I had never even heard of a Bobcat before . . .     

-strangeandbouncy

I would strongly urge - STRONGLY urge - not to mess with the 4 legged variety at all...the machine is really pretty harmless.

Ken Morgan

Please...Give It A Rest

Quote    Reply   

barkleymckay

Platinum Blonde

#54 [url]

Mar 19 11 6:25 AM

Barks,
I'm glad that I got to invest some quality petting time with Tinks. -Any news on the Humber?
Smudge sends purrs and high-tailed ankle-rubs.  -She's been parking herself on the computer keyboard lately, -Possibly in an effort to try and learn its power, I suspect.
--Say... -you fellas haven't seen her posting anything here, have you...?

-ssltech

Hey Keith, thanks for the note.

I miss that little soul in the house - we're going to wait a while before we invite another in.

As for the Humber - no news. The police are not really bothered.
The club said there has been a rise in thefts of classic cars lately for the scrap metal value which is really quite distressing.

So in the space of 2 days we lost Tinky and the car that drove us to our wedding...

But we have our health, a roof and family - what more could one ask for!

cheers

barks

...mind you a 1176 wouldn't go amiss!

Quote    Reply   

tunetown

Silverado

#57 [url]

Mar 22 11 11:46 PM

Dear tabbey,

I think my wife is cheating on me.
I am a working musician and, as you would expect, I travel a lot.
I have been noticing strange things happening when I get home. Her mobile phone rings and she steps outside to answer it or, she says,
"I'll call you back later".

When I ask her who called, she gets evasive. Sometimes she goes
out with friends but comes home late, getting dropped off around the corner
and walking the rest of the way.

I once picked up the extension while she was on the phone and she got very angry.

A buddy of mine also plays guitar in a band. He told me that my wife and some strange guy have been showing up together at his gigs recently.

One night, my buddy wanted to borrow my guitar amp. That's when I got the idea to find out for myself what was really happening. I said, "Sure, you can use my amp but I want to hide behind it at the gig and see if she comes into the venue and who she comes in with". He agreed.

Saturday night came and I slipped behind my Marshall JCM800 half stack to get a good view. I could feel the heat coming off the back of the amp. It was at that moment, crouching down behind the amp, that I noticed something very strange and upsetting. One of the power tubes was not glowing as bright as the other three.

Is this something I can fix myself or do I need to take it to a technician?

Thanks,

Quote    Reply   

ssltech

Aqua Marine

#58 [url]

Mar 23 11 8:16 AM

This is something which can be very stressful, but which also has to be addressed very carefully;  -your troubles obviously go back much earlier than that one evening... I really do think that you would be best advised to seek some professional help.

A weak/failing tube could be the problem, but also -in certain designs- an out-of-tolerance grid bias resistor might cause the same symptom.  -Does the problem follow one particular output tube, or is it tied to one socket?

-Keith Andrews -If I can't fix it, I can fix it so [i]NOBODY[/i] can fix it!

Quote    Reply   

tabby

Tin Man

#59 [url]

Mar 23 11 8:19 AM

Dear Readers,

I must apologize to you all for my tardiness in answering some of your questions.

We have been quite busy at our other pursuits; first I had to attend a meeting in Paris regarding this Libyan thing (Sarkozy actually made a bit of a pass at me!), then a short stopover in Oxford for a meowfest with Peter regarding a scientific pursuit we have been involved in, and then another thing that is still confidential.  Fortunately I was able to avoid the requested presence at Fukushimi however, and gave my recommendations via email (these Government aircraft provide almost uninterrupted secure Internet service).

That is as much as I can tell you about my "other life" at this point, so onward to some excellent and timely advice...

Tabby

Quote    Reply   

tabby

Tin Man

#60 [url]

Mar 23 11 8:24 AM

Dear Tabby:

Are you guys up to something?

MOOROOKA: Feral cats ``the size of dogs’’ have been terrorising Moorooka residents for more than a year, with one resident and her dog mauled just last week.
Residents near Gainsborough St say they have been scratched, bitten, hissed at and intimidated several times by the cat pack.
[url]

-ktownson

Dear Mr. Townson,

"You guys," whilst a déclassé idiom in my volume, certainly does not apply to ME, Sir.

The escape from domestication and subsequent return to the wild of any creature is not acceptable in my sight, not the least reason being a possible unwarranted change in a local ecosystem.

Having said that, there may be something "else" required in a place called MOOROOKA...and dogs, oh my.

Furthermore, if indeed there comes a time with Feline Rule, "Do Not Fear the Feline."

Greow!

Tab

Quote    Reply   
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help