ssltech

Aqua Marine

#83 [url]

Dec 27 11 6:54 PM

william wrote:
"he BEST wine producing countries focus on terroir, and name their wines for the region, not the grapes."

there's a greater difference between coonawarra cabernet sauvignon and a coonawarra merlot than a coonawarra merlot and a hunter valley merlot
hell every year tastes different!
the amount of variation within the terroir is also immense
i like wine made with cabernet sauvignon grapes picked in the right place at the right time aged >10 years more than any other sorts of wine, whether they come from south australia, bordeaux or california
but that's just me...

-max

Perhaps...

But if you start believing that, then the terroirists win.

Keith (thanks), do you have any service and/or engineering experience with the Cadac G? Does the modern Cadac Co. have service docs?
And thanks for the shorty patch cords!!

-phantom309

My only experiences with CADAC would be mixing a few live acts on them, back in the 1980's.

There was a company... 'Canegreen' they always had a few CADAC consoles. -I bet if you can find a tech who worked for them, you'd be 'quids-in' as they say.

Sorry about not seeing the question until now, but you're absolutely welcome to the shorty cords... I love what you do, you crazy rascal!

How's the ST project progressing, by the way?

-Keith Andrews -If I can't fix it, I can fix it so [i]NOBODY[/i] can fix it!

Quote    Reply   

LeforaGuest

New Forum Friend

#84 [url]

Dec 27 11 11:55 PM

My only experiences with CADAC would be mixing a few live acts on them, back in the 1980's.
There was a company... 'Canegreen' they always had a few CADAC consoles. -I bet if you can find a tech who worked for them, you'd be 'quids-in' as they say.

-ssltech

I'm mostly curious about just how well they lived up to their reputation. Ken Scott loves them and told me that Clive built them like a tank to prevent a disastrous failure in the middle of a large Boadway production. Sounds like a good motivation to me. Would that every console manufacturer were so moved.

Sorry about not seeing the question until now, but you're absolutely welcome to the shorty cords... I love what you do, you crazy rascal!

Thanks. I wish I could find more of them!! They were PERFECT for the job. Just to pay it forward, I donated a big pile of Mogame 2 footers to the local school.

How's the ST project progressing, by the way?

Slowly. Cyril Jones is on that project, but got sidetracked by some sub-assemblies he's doing for our Manor Mobile project. Maybe this coming spring. I'm anxious to finish it. When completed, it will be a 12X2X2 submixer with Painton constant impedence faders and a pair of ET co-axial PPM meters. These are from the Elektra desk.

Quote    Reply   

iris

Gold Finger

#86 [url]

Oct 7 12 6:06 AM

Have you got any witty stories John about your time recording with the Living End in Hoboken? You all did a great job on that album!

-beatpoet

Hi John, great to have you here. I'm curious about the question above too...
but only if the answer features a proper martini.

Oh wait. Is this the audio forum?

Phoenix Eyeris Nijisan Recording Phase One... in which Doris gets her oats! www.phoenixeyeris.com "Pictcha the finga's going 'chucka chucka'..."

Quote    Reply   

hallams

Platinum Blonde

#87 [url]

Mar 27 15 3:29 AM

Speaking of a subject close to my heart, I grew uo down the road from Coonawarra and my uncle had a small vineyard there. It's down the south east of South Australia near the boarder with Victoria. It's great to hear Coonawarra is known in such far distant places!
The harvest was a family affair with Uncles Aunts and cousins. Us kids would be allowed to pick for 5 or ten minutes........eating more than we picked till the serious work started then it was off to play. All the men went with the last load to the Wynns building in the pic below,  for an evening of sampleing the various vintages. They where special times and one has to say with the way things have gone for farmers............. it's a different world we live in today.

Hallamsound Productions.

Quote    Reply   

TooOld

New Forum Friend

#88 [url]

Apr 21 15 3:12 PM

As I am fast approaching retirement, I have reached the age where I have the time to pursue lifelong interests that never came to fruition.
At age 54, do you folks think I'm way too old to start this?

I have always been super interested in music recording/engineering and wonder how to get on track.

Would love to hear from you folks that are experts in this field on this... is seeking out an intern position a good way to start?

Quote    Reply   
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help