peteandrews

Gold Finger

#44 [url]

May 3 11 10:00 AM

alrighty... we have a date to get the Neotek ... the 14th!
this week's activities... finish up all the last minute jobs that can't wait and start taking apart the current setup. the week after... move out the current console and re-arrange the room. i can't wait to see the crud that get's uncovered as i move this place around. also... ever notice how crowded a room gets as soon as you start moving things out of their normal spots? i fear my entire house will become overtaken by racks, guitar cases, acoustic paneling, speakers, etc. as i play pro-audio tetris for a month. 

-pete

Quote    Reply   

ccash

Platinum Blonde

#45 [url]

May 3 11 12:40 PM

My biggest mistake on my build was not to figure on enough storage space.

cables
guitars
guitar cases
amps
cymbals
snare drums
speakers
the list can go on and on.................................

Quote    Reply   

wireline

Aqua Marine

#48 [url]

May 7 11 8:24 AM

My biggest mistake on my build was not to figure on enough storage space.
cables
guitars
guitar cases
amps
cymbals
snare drums
speakers
the list can go on and on.................................

-ccash

Yes, yes, and yes...I am totally out of space as well - the thing that I didn't take into account for were not just what you mentioned, but OFFICE SPACE!!! 

Adding to your list, if I may:

- place to work on repairs, cable building, soldering station, whatever
- there is always a couple of old smaller mixers laying around
- small powered PA heads and cabs for the little gigs I support here and there
- Media storage and a fireproof safe
- Filing cabinets
- Old gizmos/ADATs/whatnots that you may need once a year, but still need them that one time a year

Ken Morgan

Please...Give It A Rest

Quote    Reply   

kb s1

Aqua Marine

#51 [url]

May 8 11 7:10 AM

Soft straps that can be wrapped around the main chassis and made reachable from all angles can be very useful too.

There WILL be times when you simply cannot reach with both hands to hold the frame. If you can at least grab a strap to control things it makes a huge difference.

Quote    Reply   

ccash

Platinum Blonde

#52 [url]

May 8 11 7:16 AM

Yes, yes, and yes...I am totally out of space as well - the thing that I didn't take into account for were not just what you mentioned, but OFFICE SPACE!!!  Adding to your list, if I may:- place to work on repairs, cable building, soldering station, whatever- there is always a couple of old smaller mixers laying around- small powered PA heads and cabs for the little gigs I support here and there- Media storage and a fireproof safe- Filing cabinets- Old gizmos/ADATs/whatnots that you may need once a year, but still need them that one time a year

-wireline

Bye bye other spare bedroom.......................

Quote    Reply   

barkleymckay

Platinum Blonde

#53 [url]

May 8 11 7:44 AM

Yes, get cheap trucker's glove. Very Wise.

They were essential when touring with a full Hammond and Leslie rig especially if you wanted your fingers!

Barks

Quote    Reply   

peteandrews

Gold Finger

#55 [url]

May 12 11 10:44 PM

step one of the console move done... we took all the modules out and wrapped them up tonight.
then dumped all the looms into the empty frame. it is now heavier than ever. i am a bit worried about the move tomorrow. i think we may end up taking most (if not all) the wiring out (all punchdown blocks). i am not looking forward to redoing all that wiring!

Click here to view the attachment

Quote    Reply   

peteandrews

Gold Finger

#57 [url]

May 13 11 6:31 AM

we were thinking of that.
the current owner was pretty confident in moving it as you see in that last picture (thats how it showed up at it's current location). my plan is to go through the wiring diagrams and remove as many of the bundles from the punch blocks in the back as we can. i remember reading about a good amount of tie lines there that i'm sure we wont be using right away. it's such a rats nest though!

i'll report in later today when we get it here (my place).

stay tuned!

-pete

Quote    Reply   

peteandrews

Gold Finger

#60 [url]

May 13 11 8:38 PM

Well....

we did it. i still can't really believe it, but it's here and in one piece. it was hands down the heaviest thing i have ever dealt with.
we started this morning... 3 of us and the current owner. we organized the wiring looms and taped them up with gaff, then hung them up and over the armrest:

Quote    Reply   
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help