ssltech

Aqua Marine

#41 [url]

May 24 11 11:38 AM

Thanks Steve... I'm not signed up for Facebook.

By the way... I love the look of your jersey.

This week I should be receiving my new jersey:

To match the back of my car:

-Keith Andrews -If I can't fix it, I can fix it so [i]NOBODY[/i] can fix it!

Quote    Reply   

ssltech

Aqua Marine

#44 [url]

May 24 11 1:26 PM

They don't seem to do one...

In fact searching for 'Tottenham cycling jersey' produces lots of this result:

Which says something about Google's clever word-substitution algorithm, I think.

Quote    Reply   

berolzheimer

Aqua Marine

#45 [url]

May 24 11 2:08 PM

Oh let's see this video of Rob Ford one more time...
[media]

-arconaut

Wow... I had no idea.  What a stupid prick.  Fortunately, unlike the cyclists he disparages, he's headed for an early demise from heart disease or diabetes or some other dumb lifestyle caused illness.

Quote    Reply   

ssltech

Aqua Marine

#47 [url]

May 24 11 2:45 PM

While there is a grain of truth in his message (Cycling will ALWAYS contain an element of danger next to cars, after all) he presents it in such a disgusting way, that he actually rallies anti-cycling sentiment. -It comes across as "these cyclists are assholes" and I find that extraordinarily counter-productive.

But then he's apparently an ass in many other ways too. He's appealing to the lowest common denominator... and there's quite a lot of them who vote, I'm afraid.

Quote    Reply   

berolzheimer

Aqua Marine

#48 [url]

May 24 11 2:48 PM

My friend since preschool- about 45 years ago- Peter Glaser & me at Chicago Botanical Gardens 2 weekends ago, midway through a ride that we used to do regularly as teenagers, but that I haven't since. It was a gorgeous morning for it.  Sorry the bikes didn't make it into the pics, you gearheads.

Click here to view the attachment

Quote    Reply   

johnwhynot

Aqua Marine

#49 [url]

May 24 11 3:47 PM

Wow... I had no idea.  What a stupid prick.  Fortunately, unlike the cyclists he disparages, he's headed for an early demise from heart disease or diabetes or some other dumb lifestyle caused illness.

-berolzheimer

Mayor of Toronto.  WTF??? 

Quote    Reply   

steve hudson

Silverado

#51 [url]

May 24 11 6:24 PM

A few years ago my state senator and representative sponsored a bill to prohibit bicycles on all state roads in Texas, legislation that was pushed by ranchers who didn't want to share the road with cyclists. The bill died an early death after thousands of cyclists wrote letters and made calls against the proposal.

Quote    Reply   

ssltech

Aqua Marine

#52 [url]

May 24 11 6:56 PM

I'm still getting over the watermelons...

Tying in with "Mrs Doubtfire", a line from the movie:

"It was a drive-by Fruiting"

Quote    Reply   

kb s1

Aqua Marine

#53 [url]

May 25 11 4:39 AM

Getting good inspiration from some of the stories here. 
Weather had been pretty poor over the last few days but I will get some time on my Dad's indoor turbo setup today.

The roads are generally ok to cycle in these parts. Some drivers lack skill and thought but very little malice is evident. I did have an HGV driver deliberately swerve towards me once though. I nearly caught him too but he ran through a pedestrian crossing.

Quote    Reply   

ssltech

Aqua Marine

#54 [url]

May 25 11 7:59 AM

Wedding anniversary today (15 years).

Haven't opened my gift from the missus yet, but I strongly suspect it'll be another new jersey... Losing this much weight means buying clothes all over again!

I've brought a wheel in to work with me today; -Front wheel from the Trek "Multitrack". I bought new tires for it about a month ago, and one has a 'wobble'. -I thought I might have mounted it incorrectly, so I remounted it. -Same wobble. I swapped it with the front tire... wobble followed the tire. -I think it's just a bad tire, though I've never had one bad from new before. -I'm planning to stop by the bike shop where I bought it, and see what they say.

Quote    Reply   

ccash

Platinum Blonde

#55 [url]

May 25 11 8:02 AM

Wedding anniversary today (15 years).
Haven't opened my gift from the missus yet, but I strongly suspect it'll be another new jersey... Losing this much weight means buying clothes all over again!
I've brought a wheel in to work with me today; -Front wheel from the Trek "Multitrack". I bought new tires for it about a month ago, and one has a 'wobble'. -I thought I might have mounted it incorrectly, so I remounted it. -Same wobble. I swapped it with the front tire... wobble followed the tire. -I think it's just a bad tire, though I've never had one bad from new before. -I'm planning to stop by the bike shop where I bought it, and see what they say.

-ssltech

Congratulations Keith!

Quote    Reply   

ssltech

Aqua Marine

#58 [url]

May 27 11 10:01 AM

Nice stuff, Steve.

I don't understand why they don't still offer a superlight 5.9... but yours looks like the 'Andromeda' color scheme, which I much prefer to my color; yours is the dark, broody bluey-smokey thing which I really like.

The present was indeed a jersey in the LBS colors, though my wife somewhat optimistically bought me one size too small. -The width is great, but I need a little more length, specially in the drops. I'll exchange it this evening.

I know that Keith (KB) is en route to Belgium at the moment, but the following video is shot in his part of the world.  -It's not my kind of riding, but I do find it to be V-E-R-Y impressive, and -almost- makes up for all of the abuse which local wannabe stunt-bikers and stunt-boarders inflict upon local handrails, fllights of steps, traffic curbs etc.

And the son of the managers of Parr Street Studios (Dad was studio manager, Mom was accounts manager) whom I remember from when he was born- is now very much into this, has gone professional, and has sponsors, his own videos etc.

For myself, I don't care to watch too much of that sort of thing, but I'm completely delighted that he's doing what he enjoys.

Quote    Reply   

kb s1

Aqua Marine

#59 [url]

May 27 11 10:51 AM

Danny MacAskill is incredible.

In Belgium now, spotted some cyclists and nice bike shops.
This weekend is all about noisy stuff though (see beer thread).

Quote    Reply   

ktownson

Aqua Marine

#60 [url]

May 27 11 2:01 PM

Just got back from a nice ride on the Tammany Trace with an old friend and a nice lunch at the Kickstand Cafe at the Mandeville trailhead. Got it in before it hits 90 degrees today. Pleasant way to enjoy a day away from work!

"Kerry fixed the stereo, and now it doesn't work." (My six-year-old sister)

Quote    Reply   
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help