dandan

Silverado

#22 [url]

Jan 12 13 2:29 PM

HERE
you will find a guide to Measuring Room Acoustics. Focussed on the beginner, and small listening rooms. 
The aim is to get people up and running painlessly. Room Eq Wizard and FuzzMeaure feature but the principles should apply equally to ETF, ARTA, Smaart, etc. 
DD

Quote    Reply   

iris

Gold Finger

#23 [url]

Jan 22 13 3:27 AM

HERE
you will find a guide to Measuring Room Acoustics. Focused on the beginner, and small listening rooms. 
The aim is to get people up and running painlessly. Room Eq Wizard and FuzzMeaure feature but the principles should apply equally to ETF, ARTA, Smaart, etc. 
DD

-dandan

Great. Very helpful. After reading thru several posts in this 'acoustics' wing... I became aware some type of measurement of room response/interactions was needed. I was aware of the pink noise/EQ concept... but the sine wave sweep thing from 10 to 20k... is new too me.

A lot of this stuff is new to me..
My brain hertz!

Anyway... thanks for helping me with a burgeoning question.

Phoenix Eyeris Nijisan Recording Phase One... in which Doris gets her oats! www.phoenixeyeris.com "Pictcha the finga's going 'chucka chucka'..."

Quote    Reply   

achaiss

Tin Man

#25 [url]

Mar 8 13 9:04 PM

why don't we see more (or just any) CID concept control rooms (from BBC experimentations).
It seems promising and interesting concept isn't it?

Quote    Reply   

thomas northward

Silverado

#26 [url]

Mar 10 13 10:30 AM

why don't we see more (or just any) CID concept control rooms (from BBC experimentations).It seems promising and interesting concept isn't it?

-achaiss

A good concept on paper doesn't always work effectively in real life. 

I have never seen or heard one myself. Can't say really why there aren't any around.

But it's either that it didn't gather enough interest / momentum or funding or that there's something inherently wrong with it.

Thomas Jouanjean Northward Acoustics

Quote    Reply   

achaiss

Tin Man

#27 [url]

Mar 11 13 8:22 AM

But it's either that it didn't gather enough interest / momentum or funding or that there's something inherently wrong with it.

-thomas_northward

probably both... I think this approach is probably a bit problematic when you are out of the spot point because the reflexions are thinked particularly for the listening area... no?

Quote    Reply   
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help