yz

Aqua Marine

#7 [url]

Nov 21 11 11:22 AM

He is not alone.

-sidechain

Or maybe he IS alone, thus the crush got stronger...  

anyway, I've always had a soft spot (or a hard one, depends) for Bettie Page even before her 're-discovery'.

Quote    Reply   

mgod

Platinum Blonde

#8 [url]

Nov 21 11 11:22 AM

Dave Stevens, in my opinion one of the few truly great comic artists of his generation, was obsessed with her too. Look around the nets and you'll find some really stunning images of his.

Quote    Reply   

barry hufker

Diamond Forever

#9 [url]

Nov 21 11 1:50 PM

I do have a crush on her, but it's only a crush.

You can go here to read more about her (assuming it's accurate).  But here is an excerpt about her later life. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bettie_Page

She moved to Southern California in 1979.[6] There she had a nervous breakdown and had an altercation with her landlady. The doctors that examined her diagnosed her with acute schizophrenia, and she spent 20 months in a state mental hospital in San Bernardino, California. After a fight with another landlord she was arrested for assault, but was found not guilty by reason of insanity and placed under state supervision for eight years.[6] She was released in 1992[8] from Patton State Hospital in San Bernardino County.

Quote    Reply   

yz

Aqua Marine

#12 [url]

Nov 21 11 5:35 PM

The only known recording of Bettie's voice...

[media]

-compasspnt

And  her only known recorded words HAD to be "of course I'm real: feel me, touch me, caress me".

Quote    Reply   

dominick

Gold Finger

#13 [url]

Nov 21 11 5:51 PM

And  her only known recorded words HAD to be "of course I'm real: feel me, touch me, caress me".

-yz

"...see me, feel me, touch me..."

I used to wake up in the morningI used to feel so badI got so sick of having sleepless nightsI went and told my dadHe said, "Son now here's some little something"And stuck them on my wallAnd now my nights ain't quite so lonelyIn fact I, I don't feel bad at all

Dominick Costanzo

Quote    Reply   

barry hufker

Diamond Forever

#14 [url]

Nov 21 11 7:22 PM

The only known recording of Bettie's voice...

[media]

-compasspnt

Could there be any more mic boom shadows??!!  There were so many, so often I couldn't keep track.

Quote    Reply   

LeforaGuest

New Forum Friend

#16 [url]

Nov 23 11 8:47 PM

There was an interview on an LA radio station in 1997. She said she doesn't do video or TV appearances because she wanted people to remember her as she looked in the day. Lot's of thanks to Bunny Yeager.

Quote    Reply   

weedywet

Ruby Baby

#17 [url]

Nov 24 11 1:22 AM

I used to wake up in the morningI used to feel so badI got so sick of having sleepless nightsI went and told my dadHe said, "Son now here's some little something"And stuck them on my wallAnd now my nights ain't quite so lonelyIn fact I, I don't feel bad at all

-dominick

Pictures of Lillie (Langtree)

different pinup!

"she's been dead since 1929..."

Click here to view the attachment

Quote    Reply   

spiritwalker

Aqua Marine

#19 [url]

Nov 24 11 1:18 PM

That's a stunning photo!

As I checked out some info about her I came across these quotes that are attributed to Lily and King George VII as they were known to be lovers.

Edward once complained to her, "I've spent enough on you to build a battleship," whereupon she tartly replied, "And you've spent enough in me to float one".

Ouch.

OK it's cold here

Quote    Reply   
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help