LeforaGuest

New Forum Friend

Lead

Mar 22 12 1:54 AM

Tags : :

Internet file transfers.

We had a YSI business account for a few years but it went very flaky over the past few months and pissed off a few of our regular clients. So yesterday we dropped it and got a WeTransfer channel (with a nice pic of the Soma as wallpaper ...).

Overnight one project came in from the States with no problem and (a smaller one) stalled; and one small one came in from Europe o.k. and another small one stalled. 50% screw-up is not good for business.

What are the options that you're succeeding with? Are there any such things which allow resumable upload by the client? I suspect that slightly dodgy internet connections at the client end are part of the problem, but is there a way of getting around that?

Cheers,

Eric

Quote    Reply   

ruairi

Aqua Marine

#1 [url]

Mar 22 12 2:31 AM

Hi Eric,

Hope all is well.  There is an existing thread about this topic, you'll notice me hogging the last page and a half and whining like a baby because of similar woes.

http://prorecordingworkshop.lefora.com/2012/03/03/sending-large-files/

I'd been thrilled with Wetransfer for a year and then in recent weeks I had nothing but trouble.  On the advice of others here I went back to Yousendit which I had used in the past.  I set up a demo Pro account and it's been rock solid for the past 2 weeks or so, I've probably downloaded 8 albums worth of mixes and uploaded the same without a glitch.  I signed up for a paid Pro account yesterday.

I'm using the desktop app to upload and have set up a Yousendit Dropbox for clients which they love.  My connection at the studio is fantastic and at home it is woeful, no glitches up or down at either location so far.

FWIW I trade about 6 emails back and forth with Wetransfer tech support and they couldn't get to the bottom of my issues.

Quote    Reply   

LeforaGuest

New Forum Friend

#2 [url]

Mar 22 12 2:57 AM

Hi Eric,
Hope all is well.  There is an existing thread about this topic, you'll notice me hogging the last page and a half and whining like a baby because of similar woes.
[url]
I'd been thrilled with Wetransfer for a year and then in recent weeks I had nothing but trouble.  On the advice of others here I went back to Yousendit which I had used in the past.  I set up a demo Pro account and it's been rock solid for the past 2 weeks or so, I've probably downloaded 8 albums worth of mixes and uploaded the same without a glitch.  I signed up for a paid Pro account yesterday.
I'm using the desktop app to upload and have set up a Yousendit Dropbox for clients which they love.  My connection at the studio is fantastic and at home it is woeful, no glitches up or down at either location so far.
FWIW I trade about 6 emails back and forth with Wetransfer tech support and they couldn't get to the bottom of my issues.

-ruairi

Thanks Ruari - I'll have a look at that thread. How's that Avocet holding up?

It's all a bit odd: we dropped YSI as they messed up half a dozen transfers (both ways) in the past couple of weeks. I really need to find something that allows for resumable upload when connections get slow/dodgy.

Cheers,

Eric

Quote    Reply   

viitalahde

Gold Finger

#3 [url]

Mar 22 12 3:23 AM

I got a Wetransfer account, too. Has been working solidly for a long time, two days ago I had my first screwed up .zip. Oh, and in the beginning I stopped having transfer confirmations - turned out Wetransfer had added my email address to some sort of a block list. They fixed it quickly.

I think I still have my Yousendit account until late April, but I haven't used it for ages. I found the interface poor as hell.

Maybe they're already fixing it. I hope so. I've liked Wetransfer so far.

FTP isn't an option for me. Not enough bandwidth to keep one, and two years ago I got tired in constant "How do I FTP?" questions when I had one online.

Jaakko Viitalähde Virtalähde Mastering [url]www.virtalahde.com[/url] [url]www.facebook.com/VirtalahdeMastering[/url]

Quote    Reply   

strangeandbouncy

Platinum Blonde

#5 [url]

Mar 22 12 5:39 AM

Hi Jaakko,

when you say the interface is poor, do you mean the YouSendIt Express applicaiton? It is really childsplay in my humble opinion!