viitalahde

Gold Finger

#21 [url]

May 9 12 3:14 PM

Wetransfer has been glitchy for me for the past few days. Or perhaps it is my connection. It just halts and starts over again.

Right now I'm sending something on Yousendit. I thought I had cancelled the account, but apparently it has been billed. Let's hope it saves my ass for today.

As an added bonus, my email hasn't been working for 12 hours. The ISP had a server meltdown. This is pretty bad Internet day for me.

Jaakko Viitalähde Virtalähde Mastering [url]www.virtalahde.com[/url] [url]www.facebook.com/VirtalahdeMastering[/url]

Quote    Reply   

ruairi

Aqua Marine

#22 [url]

May 12 12 12:02 AM

I'm so over wetransfer.  I switched to yousenditpro a few months back and it's been rock solid, clients love the dropbox link I send and I haven't had one issue. 

I'm sitting here tonight working to something of a deadline.  The wetransfer link I've been sent by the mix guy will not open, it hangs every time and of course the client is asleep 6,000 miles away.  I've updated Flash and tried on 2 machines and my connection is blazing on every other website.

Quote    Reply   

aleatoric

Gold Finger

#23 [url]

May 12 12 12:46 AM

WeTransfer all the way here. 

I've had two or three issues with clients not getting the WeTransfer download link email in their inbox but other than that it has been rock solid. 

One thing I always do is send an email along with any WeTransfer upload.  That way in the event there is a hiccup with the transfer for whatever reason the client will let me know they never received the download link. 

Quote    Reply   

jimkissling

Gold Finger

#27 [url]

May 12 12 12:51 PM

Good advice, it's been years since I've visited Mongo and I have no plans to return.

-ruairi

That's hilarious Ruairi. I decided against making a joke about Ming the Merciless, but now I know someone was thinking along the same lines.

Good to hear that yousendit is working well for you.

Jim Kissling

Quote    Reply   

viitalahde

Gold Finger

#28 [url]

May 12 12 1:09 PM

I don't know, I ditched Yousendit because I remember it being glitchy, but now it's been working well for me for the few days I've been using it. I do like the Wetransfer interface better, but it is in Flash.

These accounts don't cost a lot, so I'll probably keep both of the running.

Jaakko Viitalähde Virtalähde Mastering [url]www.virtalahde.com[/url] [url]www.facebook.com/VirtalahdeMastering[/url]

Quote    Reply   

dcollins

Platinum Blonde

#30 [url]

May 12 12 6:08 PM

Which is better seems to vary with location.

-bob_olhsson

Could be.  I've definitely had the least trouble with Yousendit, fwiw.

Actually, the least problems are with my own FTP server, but it's not as convenient.

DC

davecollinsmastering.com

Quote    Reply   

jerry tubb

Gold Finger

#31 [url]

May 13 12 12:11 AM

Exactly. Yousendit is very convenient for sendIng a song or two.

But our FTP server does the bulk of the heavy lifting.

Nick does a great job administering it.

JT

Quote    Reply   

biigniick

Silverado

#33 [url]

May 15 12 11:50 AM

Rumpus looks cool!  i'll have to check it out.  same with FileChucker

Exactly. Yousendit is very convenient for sendIng a song or two.JT

-jerry_tubb

part of the convenience you get with those http services costs more time also.  you have to send it out to the server and wait for the whole upload, then the client has to start the download.  there are two legs to the journey.  part of the reason that we use our dedicated server is that is super fast for us and we do not have to wait for uploads/downloads.  a 4Gb project from our server to either studio takes about 28 seconds (its almost faster than i can walk from the server room down the hall into the studio).

our server is currently on a Mac platform and i'm considering switching to a linux platform.  i've been testing this at home and think it may be the way i go when its upgrade time

http://www.freenas.org/

you can build the hardware from cheap components and fill it full of high-quality drives.  plus the software is open source (free).  you do all the configuration through a web interface from another computer.  it's been really well thought out.

- nick

Quote    Reply   

gr

Gold Finger

#34 [url]

Oct 23 13 4:24 PM

Bumping an old thread. YouSendIt rebranded HighTail has been really spotty lately. Uploads are fine but downloads are unreliable and it seems certain files download normally while others are inaccessible - as if some of their servers are failing. Other download systems (We Transfer, etc.) work fine.

Anyone else experiencing this?

Quote    Reply   

sbm

Silverado

#36 [url]

Oct 23 13 6:16 PM

grBumping an old thread. YouSendIt rebranded HighTail has been really spotty lately. Uploads are fine but downloads are unreliable and it seems certain files download normally while others are inaccessible - as if some of their servers are failing. Other download systems (We Transfer, etc.) work fine.

Anyone else experiencing this?

I did before the switch, which is why I bailed on them and cancelled my "biz account" (or whatever the upgraded account was called).  Wasn't surprised they re-branded...it had been flaky on client's end for a while.

Quote    Reply   

sbm

Silverado

#37 [url]

Oct 23 13 6:19 PM

compasspntWeTransfer Pro account has been absolutely great here.

I like it (haven't gone pro), but have had clients who try to access from internet cafes and such that tell me it's blocked.  Other than your own page, any advantage to the upgraded acct?

Quote    Reply   

compasspnt

Diamond Forever

#38 [url]

Oct 23 13 6:48 PM

With WeTransfer Pro you get 5G of space instead of 2G, and it keeps all your uploads until you want to delete them. If you have to send a previously sent file to someone else, or resend, you just hit 'forward,' and it goes immediately.

Quote    Reply   

dcollins

Platinum Blonde

#39 [url]

Oct 23 13 6:49 PM

compasspntWeTransfer Pro account has been absolutely great here.

Yep, same here.  Zero problems that I can think of.  Maybe a couple times the download confirmation email didn't show up, but the files always do.

Some where in a Yousendit boardroom serious men in suits said "It's a deal.  We'll change the name to Hightail.  And make it so the normal interface forces you to download each file individually."

Quote    Reply   
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help