silvertone

Aqua Marine

#1 [url]

Mar 30 12 7:28 AM

Slow day today....
Somebody - tell me something cool you worked on lately that I can listen to today!

-skullsessions

Michele Van Kleef - mixed by Tchad Blake it has some very cool production values.

Levin Torn White -  Alan White Playing the drums, Tony Levin on bass and David Torn on guitar... need I say more.

Ali Ryerson - Jazz flute player with all the heavy hitters you'd want backing her up on this album.

Quote    Reply   

kris

Silverado

#2 [url]

Mar 30 12 7:32 AM

James, you should have slept in then!  Here's a video that was just released of the largest group I've tracked live at my place.  12 piece band:   

Quote    Reply   

arconaut

Platinum Blonde

#3 [url]

Mar 30 12 9:15 AM

http://theuniversalthump.bandcamp.com/

Three songs posted here (one is a short instrumental). Wrote the string chart for the first tune - Swimming -  (and did another mix which will be the version on the final album, but this is not my mix). Mixed the second (Grasshoppers) and third tune. An ambitious album, it took for-ever. This is just a three song teaser.

And I used Terry's "cardinal points" panning scheme!

-noah

Quote    Reply   

LeforaGuest

New Forum Friend

#5 [url]

Mar 30 12 9:38 AM

[url]
Three songs posted here (one is a short instrumental). Wrote the string chart for the first tune - Swimming -  (and did another mix which will be the version on the final album, but this is not my mix). Mixed the second (Grasshoppers) and third tune. An ambitious album, it took for-ever. This is just a three song teaser.

-arconaut

Wow, Noah...I LOVE this! Bought it. Feist meets Gryphon...ha. Not everyday you get to hear "lead bassoon".

Quote    Reply   

dr funk

Platinum Blonde

#7 [url]

Mar 30 12 10:31 AM

Wow, Noah...I LOVE this! Bought it. Feist meets Gryphon...ha. Not everyday you get to hear "lead bassoon".

-phantom309

Same here - I love it!  And bought it... 

Great work Noah!

Frank

Quote    Reply   

skullsessions

Silverado

#9 [url]

Mar 30 12 10:41 AM

[url]

-arconaut

I also love it.  I didn't read your comment about Cardinal Points Law until after I listened and noticed it.  I was thinking...."this is panned just like I would have done it!".

I love that vocal "crispness".  Please tell me mic and pre??  That's very close to the sound I hear in my head - and that I love on recordings.

Quote    Reply   

chance

Aqua Marine

#10 [url]

Mar 30 12 12:17 PM

Just finished a five CD comp of thirty years thirty albums best of the best blues hall of famer Darrell Mansfield. Soft hits, Delta Blues, Live, Hard Rock, and Rock blues.
 Now I am bored LOL

NEW at http://darrellmansfieldstore.3dcartstores.com/CDs_c_1.html
NEW CD BOX SET
The Ultimate Series
5 CDs with 78 HIT SONGS!

Darrell Mansfields best
recordings by genre
Blues, Rock, Soft Hits,
Hard Rock, Live

Chance Pataki The Musicians Workshop www.the-musicians-workshop.com musicians.workshop@gte.net

Quote    Reply   

kb s1

Aqua Marine

#15 [url]

Mar 30 12 4:59 PM

Give me a week or two.
Just starting something that could be pretty cool. 
Biggest selling artists I have worked with, by a long way.

Quote    Reply   

iris

Gold Finger

#19 [url]

Mar 30 12 6:20 PM

CD called "Rumi with a View" - by Mad Men Have Seen

Recorded on a farm in Ulupalakua, with solar power. Produced, Recorded, Mixed, and (ha!) Mastered by moi. I did all the drums, bass, and keys and some harmonies also.

Phoenix Eyeris Nijisan Recording Phase One... in which Doris gets her oats! www.phoenixeyeris.com "Pictcha the finga's going 'chucka chucka'..."

Quote    Reply   

johnwhynot

Aqua Marine

#20 [url]

Mar 31 12 1:46 AM

Keith - are they Scots?

Lessee. I played piano at Massey Hall last week, recorded some tracks with Lindi Ortega at HoB in Nashville (on the ol' RP Remote console, I believe), also some tracks with the really cool PEI artist Tim Chaisson before that; about to finish up mixes for Swedish singer/songwriter/guitarist Peter Nordberg.  Got a TV series score to start mixing next week.  Rehearsing a piano trio in my living room - me on bass guitar.  I've never played bass guitar in a band before now - enjoying that a lot.  Some overdubs on my wife's upcoming suite of songs (probably not going to be released as a CD but you never know).

Busy times.  Thankful.

Quote    Reply   
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help