thearflounge

Gold Finger

#482 [url]

Aug 15 15 11:00 AM

Remastered Keith Richards' two seminal solo albums, Talk is Cheap (1988) and Main Offender (1991) for first ever release to digital sales and streaming, announced by Keith's label, Mindless Records, on August 14, 2015.    Since these files will probably be the main versions of these great albums going forward, I took care to maintain the dynamic range of the original mixes and, happily, Warner and KR approved the mastering.   

Alan

Quote    Reply   

waltzmastering

Platinum Blonde

#485 [url]

Aug 15 15 11:42 AM

Kudos Alan. I'm a fan of those 2 records as well and can't wait to hear/buy the lossless. The X-pensive Winos make a killer rhythm section .so good to hear you kept it greezy

Quote    Reply   

berolzheimer

Aqua Marine

#494 [url]

Aug 24 15 12:56 AM

seth wrote:
Played on several cuts on Judy Collins' new record, produced by our own Alan Silverman. This cut is a duet with Jackson Browne on a Randy Newman tune:

http://blogs.wsj.com/speakeasy/2015/08/05/judy-collins-duets-with-jackson-browne-on-feels-like-home-exclusive-song/

That's beautiful, Seth.  RN is one of my favorite songwriters, and Judy Collins sounds as good as ever.

Quote    Reply   

seth

Ruby Baby

#495 [url]

Aug 24 15 9:15 AM

berolzheimer wrote:

seth wrote:
Played on several cuts on Judy Collins' new record, produced by our own Alan Silverman. This cut is a duet with Jackson Browne on a Randy Newman tune:

http://blogs.wsj.com/speakeasy/2015/08/05/judy-collins-duets-with-jackson-browne-on-feels-like-home-exclusive-song/

That's beautiful, Seth.  RN is one of my favorite songwriters, and Judy Collins sounds as good as ever.

Thanks Paul, but the credit is really due to Alan. Studio musicians often get unfairly (I think) blamed for things not working well. In this case we did five songs in one day. It was a great band in a great studio, Avatar, the charts were excellent, with a great engineer, Jon Smith, and Alan. The preparation was excellent, the casting was great, all nice people who play together well, and I think that shows in the way it came out. I played a small part in a much larger endeavor and it's Alan's experience and talent that made it work.

Quote    Reply   

gtoledo3

Aqua Marine

#497 [url]

Sep 17 15 11:46 PM

One of the things I do is play lead guitar in a band that had already been established awhile when I joined, "The Brand New Opiates". The singer/rhythm guitar player writes the music and is the main vocalist in that band, and has some nice songs.

Someone caught a bit of cellphone footage of a solo I was playing at a gig this past weekend, in non rotated portrait orientation of course.

Anyway, I thought I would share the snippet :

Quote    Reply   
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help