jetbase

Gold Finger

#41 [url]

Apr 1 12 6:10 PM

I recorded this (as part of an EP) direct to stereo about a month ago. I used a Blumlein pair in the room & close mics on instruments/amps & vocals. Usually, by take 3 I had figured out the fader moves. Light compression in mastering smoothed it out further. The EP was done in two evenings, including mastering.

Some of the stills in the video are shots from the actual recording session.

Glenn Santry HeartBeat Studio

Quote    Reply   

hallams

Platinum Blonde

#42 [url]

Apr 1 12 7:46 PM

Lovely work Glen. A very honest way to record and i think avoiding the later mixdown stage results in a more detailed and sonically pure recording.

On a different tangent, here is a live recording I did a few weeks ago of the iconic ozzy blues band
Chain.

Quote    Reply   

weedywet

Ruby Baby

#43 [url]

Apr 1 12 8:36 PM

Paul RodgersWhat's the skinny on this, William...besides "performed by Perry...".It's, of course, great because Paul Rodgers can do no wrong. Drummer sounds familiar to me. Can't explain why. Love the bars of '5' in the outro. Did you record and mix this? C'mon...give it up since it's impossible to find any info/credits online.

-faganking

That's me on bass guitar, Sammy Merendino on drums, Perry Margouleff on the guitars.

Quote    Reply   

joeyhavoc

Gold Finger

#47 [url]

Apr 2 12 10:37 AM

I think David brought up kickstarter.com  Folks in our industry should take a long look to see how this could work for them.  I have a bunch of friends that have used kickstarter successfully for games, comic books, novels, short stories, art prints and other creative avenues. 

Quote    Reply   

eric harizanos

Gold Finger

#49 [url]

Apr 2 12 2:30 PM

I recorded this (as part of an EP) direct to stereo about a month ago. I used a Blumlein pair in the room & close mics on instruments/amps & vocals. Usually, by take 3 I had figured out the fader moves. Light compression in mastering smoothed it out further. The EP was done in two evenings, including mastering.Some of the stills in the video are shots from the actual recording session.[media]

-jetbase

Hey Glenn, great sounds. I noticed it was very clean, what are the mic pres you used?

Quote    Reply   

mahcem

Gold Finger

#52 [url]

Apr 2 12 4:04 PM

Paul Rodgers [media]

-weedywet

We had shared the same stage with the man once in Wembley Arena back in '97 when he was on tour with Status Quo. What an amazing voice and performer. We were left in awe hearing those rock classics from the sidestage straight from the horses mouth.

Kudos.

Quote    Reply   

mdm

Platinum Blonde

#53 [url]

Apr 2 12 4:27 PM

Paul R. track
-weedywet

yeah!  
one of my favourites. I follow his work but hadn't heard of this.

good feel to the track! Like it.

I personally would have loved to have it less 'mastered' , although I guess for the majority of the  market you might need such a sound..

Quote    Reply   

mahcem

Gold Finger

#55 [url]

Apr 2 12 4:54 PM

CD called "Rumi with a View" - by Mad Men Have SeenRecorded on a farm in Ulupalakua, with solar power. Produced, Recorded, Mixed, and (ha!) Mastered by moi. I did all the drums, bass, and keys and some harmonies also.[media][media]

-iris

These are beautiful. Congratulations mate.

Quote    Reply   

jetbase

Gold Finger

#56 [url]

Apr 2 12 6:11 PM

Hey Glenn, great sounds. I noticed it was very clean, what are the mic pres you used?

-eric_h

Hi Eric, I just used my Sound Workshop Series 40 console. I've made some minor modifications, including to the mic pres, which I think has improved the clarity overall. Although the console can't take all the credit, I also used a touch of RX2 Denoiser.

Glenn Santry HeartBeat Studio

Quote    Reply   

kb s1

Aqua Marine

#57 [url]

Apr 2 12 7:27 PM

I think David brought up kickstarter.com  Folks in our industry should take a long look to see how this could work for them.  I have a bunch of friends that have used kickstarter successfully for games, comic books, novels, short stories, art prints and other creative avenues. 

-joeyhavoc

A friend just had his new album fully financed via Pledge Music. Worked out really well for him.

Quote    Reply   

johnwhynot

Aqua Marine

#58 [url]

Apr 2 12 11:28 PM

Here's a band I mixed last year - from Norway.  Might have been the lead to the Swedish project I'm now finishing.

Love the singer a lot - even if I have to wonder what in the world she's singing about! (OK I did get translations…)

Anyway - here's a teaser video they made.

Quote    Reply   

weedywet

Ruby Baby

#59 [url]

Apr 3 12 12:26 AM

yeah!   one of my favourites. I follow his work but hadn't heard of this.good feel to the track! Like it.I personally would have loved to have it less 'mastered' , although I guess for the majority of the  market you might need such a sound..

-mdm

mastering consisted of +1 at 10k, +1 at 3.9k

limiter at -.5dB at the top for 'safety'

that's all

Quote    Reply   

roundbadge

Tin Man

#60 [url]

Apr 3 12 1:11 AM

just delivered the PMCD's for this
[media]
_m

-mark_chalecki

Yay...finally..
look foward to hearing the whole thing Mark.
[sorry it took forever to find the other versions].
thank god no recalls.
that record was kind of a long journey.

yeah,I was on the mixing side.. cheers - H

Hunter F.C

Quote    Reply   
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help