compasspnt

Diamond Forever

#21 [url]

Aug 1 12 8:32 AM

Also in the Show Actions dialogue box, you can type any command and see what it does, plus if you are setting up a private command, it will tell you if your choice is free...or not.

E.g., I made Toggle Pre-roll in Playback to be "K" because I was used to that from PT.  Then I made Toggle Pre-roll in Record "Command K," because it matched, and both were available.

Quote    Reply   

jimblair

Gold Finger

#22 [url]

Aug 1 12 10:02 AM

It's totally worth spending time customizing Reaper, but then your setup will not match anybody else's. If your working in another Reaper based studio their setup will not match yours.Luckily you can use your setup in any studio, you just have to load it in. ;-)

-henge

Options/Prefs/General

Export and Import configurations. Just be sure to export the other studio's config before you import yours, otherwise they may be stuck with your config, or the default.

Nanaimo, BC Canada www.facebook.com/ApeIslandSound

Quote    Reply   

henge

Tin Man

#23 [url]

Aug 1 12 10:24 AM

Options/Prefs/General
Export and Import configurations. Just be sure to export the other studio's config before you import yours, otherwise they may be stuck with your config, or the default.

-jimblair

Lol. Yeah don't blow out anyone elses configs!!
I'd be a tad upset if someone did that to me...

Quote    Reply   

rankus

Platinum Blonde

#24 [url]

Aug 1 12 1:33 PM

Thanks guys!

Yes, I've already been getting into customizing through the Actions panel and the Mouse Modifier panels, customizing the zooms and media editing.  Super powerful app in that regards. 

It does seem odd that there is no colour tool panel as in most other apps. So I was hoping I'd just missed it... I will attempt to figure that out today.

I've got a quick and dirty one day band demo this weekend that I plan to use Reaper on start to finish.. Jumping in with both feet!  Nothing like a deadline to motivate oneself.

I installed it on the studio machine last night, and imported my configs from the laptop. Runs great on the RME AES32 with 16x's feeding it. 

Absolutely loving this program so far.

Rick Welin - Clark Drive Studios Vancouver 

Quote    Reply   

jimblair

Gold Finger

#25 [url]

Aug 1 12 2:54 PM

It does seem odd that there is no colour tool panel as in most other apps. So I was hoping I'd just missed it...

-rankus

Here's a section of my Reaper course that deals with color....it's a bit long, and I haven't checked it with 4.25 yet, so please let me know if there's anything that doesn't make sense. 

You can create and save your own custom color set using the SWS Color Management window, found by right clicking on a blank area of a track control panel. Select "Custom Track Colors". Select "SWS Track Colors". 

On OSX, select Show Custom Color Management. Click Set Custom Colors. Click and drag the blue box from the column of vertical boxes down to the first of the horizontal boxes. Drag magenta to box 2. Close the color selection window. Close the SWS Color Management window.

In Windows, click on the color box, and hit the Add To Custom Colors button. Continue doing this until you have filled the empty black boxes. Close the color selection window. Close the SWS Color Management window.

Right click on a blank area of the track control panel. Select Custom Track Colors/SWS Track Color. There are 16 boxes in the menu for custom color storage. In Windows, there is a colored icon beside the menu items. These help you in knowing what color you are about to select.

Right click on a blank area of the track control panel. Select Custom Track Colors/SWS Track Color. There are 16 boxes in the menu for custom color storage. Click the first one (Set to custom color 1). Notice that the background behind the track text turns blue, as does the wave. Now click the second one (Set to custom color 2). The colors will turn to magenta.

To change the ENTIRE track panel to the custom color, go to Options/Prefs Appearance, and select the “Tint track panel backgrounds” check box, and hit Apply.

Now unselect the box “Set track label background to custom track colors”. Notice that the color behind the track control panel text is now at it's original theme dark gray color.

Go to Options/Prefs/Appearance/Peaks/Waveforms. In the Custom Colors panel, unselect the box “Track color”. This returns the waveform back to it's original theme color.

To return a track to it's default settings, right click on a blank area of a track. Select Custom Track Colors/Set tracks to default color.

Enable Options/Enable SWS Auto coloring - this will auto color all projects and new tracks according to your custom specs, without key commands.

open View/SWS Auto Coloring – (on OSX this seems to be an action so you may want to make a button for it.)

click Add

double click on (name) and type the key word that the track will contain,”Folder” for instance.

Click in the white space so that the (folder) name is "entered".

Make sure that the Folder name line is still selected, and click on the small grey box to the right of the "remove" button.

select a color box. Be sure that "Enable Auto Coloring" is checked.

Close all the windows. It should then change the colors of the appropriate track.

Go to Options/Prefs/Appearance – select Tint Track Panel Backgrounds.

Quote    Reply   

compasspnt

Diamond Forever

#26 [url]

Aug 1 12 3:08 PM

I am really enjoying in RADO-VOX mod theme NOT having all of the colours all over the place, like someone spilled jelly beans on my screen.

Quote    Reply   

jimblair

Gold Finger

#28 [url]

Aug 1 12 4:28 PM

For me, folders are orange, midi is green, send tracks are blue. And I have track icons on folder tracks only.

So as soon as I type "Folder" into the track name, the track turns orange automatically. Same setup for the other tracks.

Quote    Reply   

rankus

Platinum Blonde

#29 [url]

Aug 1 12 4:48 PM

Ooh I found a toolbar by a fellow named Evil Dragon here:

http://wiki.cockos.com/wiki/index.php/EvilDragon's_Color_Toolbar_v2.5

I have installed it and seems to work as stated.  Props to ED!!

I like to color my tracks: Green for Drums, Blue for bass, Dark Blue for BG's etc.  It allows me to stay in right brain for navigation.

Click here to view the attachment

Quote    Reply   

rankus

Platinum Blonde

#30 [url]

Aug 1 12 5:02 PM

PS:  This toolbar uses the SWS Color Management that Jim was talking about above.

I was aware of the SWS custom color Jim, I was just hoping for something with less clicks involved. Nuendo has a palette at the top of the screen and it's just one click to select colors... This is my quest this week as I customize the interface I'm attempting to reduce the number clicks as much as possible on as many functions as possible ;)

Oh, and MIDI has to be yellow... green is just nuts! ;p

Quote    Reply   

henge

Tin Man

#32 [url]

Aug 1 12 8:01 PM

It's funny seeing how everyone colour codes.
For me drums are red, bass is light brown ( trying to imitate the finish of my bass), vox are green, guits are dark slate grey,keys are purple and FX are blue.
I'd love to see what someone with synethcesia (?) would do.

Quote    Reply   

tb av

Platinum Blonde

#33 [url]

Aug 1 12 8:56 PM

I find colors possibly more confusing than just leaving things alone and organize by folder. I tried to build a setup that I would know what all the colors meant and found it more distracting than simply just going to folders and knowing my folder order.

Tom B

Quote    Reply   

sebriou

Gold Finger

#36 [url]

Aug 6 12 1:50 AM

DOES REAPER show manual search in the help menu ? I downloaded it and don't know where to put it to make a quick search.

Seb Riou

Quote    Reply   

jburtner

Gold Finger

#39 [url]

Sep 3 12 3:04 PM

JW, CTRL-ALT-SOLO does that on windows/reaper.

How about automation preview/capture or write to all enabled?

I use this all the time in PT by selecting a section, tweaking, and writing all current settings to all selected tracks/regions for the duration of that time.

Or perhaps there is a different approach?

Thx,
jb

Jonathan Burtner ---------------------- Music is Everything! Audio is Everything Else!

Quote    Reply   

smurf

Tin Man

#40 [url]

Sep 21 12 8:06 PM

DOES REAPER show manual search in the help menu ? I downloaded it and don't know where to put it to make a quick search.

-sebriou

No, you will need to do a search in the PDF window, but it takes almost no resources if you use Foxit reader instead of an Adobe product....

John

Quote    Reply   
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help