hallams

Platinum Blonde

#21 [url]

Apr 12 13 6:50 AM

Ha, the  most dangerous thing about Australia is driving down the street!
Thats a great web site Bill...........strange things indeed...........
Cryptozoology is an interest of mine though. I'm convinced there are Tassy Tigers still roaming the Tasmanian wilderness. And a US air force squadren based at Mt Gambia during WW2 had a pair of panthers for mascots and where ordered to have them put down by Oz quarantene officers. Instead, they where let loose in the Grampian Mt Range and their descendants wander the Victorian bush, rarely seen but leaving their mark on unfortunate livestock.

Quote    Reply   

iris

Gold Finger

#25 [url]

May 3 13 4:35 PM

During my 20's and 30's, while living 45 minutes from Santa Cruz, CA via the wicked ride on Highway 17 from Los Gatos to the beach, I surfed quite frequently.

-peter_wittmann

I hate that drive! What a nerve wrack!

After 20+ years on Maui... I SHOULD be a surfer. Have still never tried it.
I DID go out on a boogie board once on the north shore, Ho'okipa... where they surf hardcore...
and as I paddled out... the waves got bigger and bigger.
I didn't know the trick of going UNDER a big cresting wave... and at a certain point I tried to go OVER a monster.
It was so steep and vertical, that as I went up... it bent my back backwards... and I heard something 'pop'. At that point I was in a trough between 2 monsters... and...
I turned and paddled for shore like a great white was after me!

I got their finally, heart racing and breathing hard for 10 minutes after, feeling lucky to not be dead or broken. Never tried that again.
I still hope to actually try real surfing here some day at the learners beach... and see how it goes.

Phoenix Eyeris Nijisan Recording Phase One... in which Doris gets her oats! www.phoenixeyeris.com "Pictcha the finga's going 'chucka chucka'..."

Quote    Reply   

ssltech

Aqua Marine

#31 [url]

Aug 16 13 7:00 AM

Just got back from two and a half weeks in Hawaii...

I'm not a big water/beach nut, but my little fella is a keen swimmer (we had him swim the 'Iron Man' swim course, as well as cycling the triathlon cycle route while we were in Kona) and while on Maui we decided to let him try surfing for the first time...

Not a great shot, but this was the first time he stood up on the board. -We've got a load of photos somewhere, I'll see if there's one that's any good.

-Keith Andrews -If I can't fix it, I can fix it so [i]NOBODY[/i] can fix it!

Quote    Reply   

josh

Gold Finger

#32 [url]

Aug 16 13 10:23 AM

Chris,

That video is amazing! Thanks for sharing that.

Keith,

Congrats to you guys. I am sure he loved it. I have my eye on a fella's used longboard for sale nearby that would be perfect for the trashy days around here. 

Joshua Kessler www.Bushwickstudio.com

Quote    Reply   

hallams

Platinum Blonde

#33 [url]

Jan 28 14 9:53 PM

Found this the other day and thought it good to share. Click the play button at the bottom of the pic to hear the interview.
........and Keith, did you end up with any more pics of your son's first surf? Its always a great time when your kids first get the hang of surfing. And it could be the beginning of a lifetime of healthy activity in persuit of that next wave.
Huge surfboard collection holds keys to Tasmanian surf history - ABC Northern Tasmania - Australian Broadcasting Corporation

Hallamsound Productions.

Last Edited By: hallams Jan 28 14 10:01 PM. Edited 1 time.

Quote    Reply   

hallams

Platinum Blonde

#34 [url]

Mar 27 14 7:16 PM

A family friend took this pic yesterday, not too far from home. It's coming up for the best time of the year for surf.image
Our surf club just celebrated our 40th aniversary at our club house........it was a great night, I mixed both bands, who I knew well and stood in for a few jams...........then the youngn's took over entertainment duties with one of my boys the DJ. 

Hallamsound Productions.

Quote    Reply   

hallams

Platinum Blonde

#35 [url]

Mar 30 14 11:01 PM

ssltech wrote:
Just got back from two and a half weeks in Hawaii...I'm not a big water/beach nut, but my little fella is a keen swimmer (we had him swim the 'Iron Man' swim course, as well as cycling the triathlon cycle route while we were in Kona) and while on Maui we decided to let him try surfing for the first time...imageNot a great shot, but this was the first time he stood up on the board. -We've got a load of photos somewhere, I'll see if there's one that's any good.

hey Keith, did you ever find another pic of his first surfing session? It's always a memorable moment when one of your boys first ride a board.
Looks like you gave him a good work out in Hawaii.

Hallamsound Productions.

Quote    Reply   

hallams

Platinum Blonde

#37 [url]

Apr 23 14 10:40 PM

Poor choice of wave..........this will not end well.
Shipsterns Bluff on the South East tip of Tasmania. There is usually a step in the wave that needs to be carefully negotiated but this is ...to put it mildly, over the top!

Hallamsound Productions.

Quote    Reply   

hallams

Platinum Blonde

#38 [url]

Apr 23 14 10:47 PM

Shipsterns on a good day showing better choice of waves.
The surfer is one of my son's good mates and is sponsered by the same company.

Hallamsound Productions.

Last Edited By: hallams Apr 23 14 10:50 PM. Edited 2 times.

Quote    Reply   

hallams

Platinum Blonde

#40 [url]

May 19 14 6:40 AM

The boys went to a break  about 3 hours out of Melbourne on Sunday. The first pic is at the takeoff and the 2nd is down the line a bit. It's almost winter here and the
location is near the enterance to Bass Strait where the Southers Ocean swell  meets the reefs of the cape. The reef is almost sucked dry by the approaching wave. Again Elliot's photography captures the mood of the place. 

Hallamsound Productions.

Quote    Reply   
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help