hallams

Platinum Blonde

#41 [url]

May 20 14 6:23 AM

Earlier in the week, my daughter Beth on her mal. Not the best quality pic but its great to see her out there getting a wave. She took up surfing last year and just loves the ocean!image

Hallamsound Productions.

Quote    Reply   

hallams

Platinum Blonde

#45 [url]

Aug 4 14 7:24 PM

A seal joined me on a wave a few years ago.........for a second or two, I nearly filled my wetsuit with smelly brown stuff!

Here is a vid my youngest took of one of his mates surfing the local beach break. It's mid winter here and this beach is a gnarly spot at the best of times.

Adam Morris at Rye from Casey Hallam on Vimeo.

Hallamsound Productions.

Quote    Reply   

hallams

Platinum Blonde

#47 [url]

Aug 7 14 7:45 AM

The boys got a commission to do a promo video for Penny Skateboards, a winter shoot of a road trip along the south west coast of Victoria to Adelaide, South Australia.
A big part of the promo strategy is social media so they where getting over a thousand hits on their instagram etc,.......They where pretty chuffed about it all. The eldest did the camera work and editing and two younger bros did the skating and surfing along with two friends. The youngest had to stay home for school .......... felt sorry for him but
you know how it is.

SOUTH by Penny Skateboards Australia from Penny Skateboards on Vimeo.

Hallamsound Productions.

Last Edited By: hallams Aug 7 14 8:00 AM. Edited 2 times.

Quote    Reply   

kris

Silverado

#48 [url]

Aug 7 14 2:10 PM

Back with a Passion

So this lout used to live to surf as a kid/young adult.  Then after many consecutive shark encounters, marriage, music, job, etc. I put it aside for the last 10 years or so.

Six months ago I took it up again with a passion.  I had to get ready for an epic surf trip to Costa Rica.  We went in late May when the waves are typically BIG.

We stayed in Playa del Coco.  The first trip was by boat to Ollie's Point, a sick point break near Nicaragua.  It was a solid 6' to 8' day and building as the day went on.  Caught a ton of LONG and perfect waves that morning!  Here is the only picture taken of me on a wave:

Apparently that was me on the other side of that one...

Last Edited By: kris Aug 7 14 2:28 PM. Edited 1 time.

Quote    Reply   

kris

Silverado

#49 [url]

Aug 7 14 2:19 PM

Next we got back on the boat and headed a bit south to Witches Rock (Roca Bruja).  This is apparently one of the most exposed breaks in Costa Rica and it was HUGE.  As we pulled up by boat here is one of the first things we saw:

It appeared to be about tripple overhead and breaking way outside the Rock.  These monster sets rolled in every 20 minutes or so for the rest of the afternoon and pulverized us.  Our surf guide who surfs here all the time said it was too big and gnarly and he was staying on the boat!  He wished us good luck and we went for it. 

The waves were a solid 10' and super fast and hollow (with the occasional monster sets).  You could drive a jeep through the barrels.  The wind was coming off shore at least 25mph which made it almost impossible to get into a wave with the short board I had.  I was not equiped for this kind of wave!  I got well pounded and eventually ended up on the beach for a while and just watched as the waves got bigger and bigger and the lineup disappeared!  Perfect huge and super fast A-frame barrels.  It was a sight to behold! 

Me and my friend Caesar eventually paddled back out to the boat and called it a day!  It was the first time in my life that I ever wished for 'smaller' waves... Of course I'm from Florida so it's never too big here!

Last Edited By: kris Aug 7 14 2:37 PM. Edited 5 times.

Quote    Reply   

kris

Silverado

#51 [url]

Aug 7 14 2:28 PM

The rest of our surfing was at a BEAUTIFUL beach called Avellanes or 'Little Hawaii'.  I love this place very much.  Fun waves... Of course I had a shark encounter but no worries!

Last Edited By: kris Aug 7 14 2:39 PM. Edited 1 time.

Quote    Reply   

hallams

Platinum Blonde

#52 [url]

Aug 7 14 6:51 PM

Wow! what a trip. Gutsy effort surfing those Roca Bruja sets after a few years off!  Those spots have a legendary reputation around here. Some of the boys here have been in Mexico and then on to Nicaragua this year and my son was going to travel with them. He has gone to work in the mines up north instead!   I have never been a big wave surfer on my knee board. Two and a half meters at Bells Beach is the max for me.......that's still a 12 to foot + face on the wave. It's times like those you wish there was someone in the water with a camera. More pics please when you get them.

Hallamsound Productions.

Last Edited By: hallams Aug 7 14 6:57 PM. Edited 1 time.

Quote    Reply   

hallams

Platinum Blonde

#56 [url]

Aug 17 14 5:40 PM

Ha! had to google it.......... Russian girls surfing in Bali! That wouldn't be easy but looks like they are enjoying themselves and the spectators enjoying the view. As the saying goes, whatever works

Hallamsound Productions.

Quote    Reply   

hallams

Platinum Blonde

#59 [url]

Sep 10 14 10:20 PM

My youngest son Casey has entered a "best wave" video competition with Victoria Surf with a great video clip of his friend surfing some mean Rye back beach tubes! His entry is doing quite well but needs a few more votes. He would greatly appreciate your support in voting for his clip. Here is a link to the page and vote for Adam Morris by Casey Hallam:
https://www.facebook.com/surfingvictoria?sk=app_522129217882186&app_data

when on the page, click on Watch Video and voting instructions are at the bottom of the clip.
Thanks all :)

Hallamsound Productions.

Quote    Reply   
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help